Countdown to arrival of my Nissan Leaf

Arrival of my Nissan Leaf:

Dé Domhnaigh, Meitheamh 19

Day 59 - Is the Future Here Already?

I was sitting in my car driving towards Clonshaughlin. My boyfriend's brother was up in our house and I was dropping him back home. We were chatting away about a myriad of things, including Pepé. I was telling him about my trip to Wexford and about the return trip home with the crazy drivers, and the death and the mu-hey mu-hey! Anyway, I also happened to mention about the new battery technologies that are being developed (blogged about earlier this week) and I was telling him that it was only a matter of time until they reduce the charging time, increase the range, and then the BEV would prove to be THE viable alternative to the petrol engine car. "These cars are the future!" boldly declared!
"The future?" He questioned, "These cars are viable now! You have proven that Ciarán. You are proving it everyday you use your car!" I think he might be right!

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps it's a case of Back to the Future... the best selling car from 1904 was an electric car it would seem, made by the Riker Electric Vehicle Company. They were ahead of their time, however, they went bust. I guess the Leaf's iPhone app is what made all the difference :)

    ReplyDelete