Countdown to arrival of my Nissan Leaf

Arrival of my Nissan Leaf:

Dé Sathairn, Iúil 2

Day 72 - Go Mr. Tayto!

Today was just lots of fun! I got to take my boyfriend's nephew and niece to Tayto Park, an outdoors amusement park for young children, based on the now epic and oh-so-utterly-Irish Tayto crisps! The park isn't that far from my house, so I knew it wouldn't be a problem for Pepé at all. However, I wanted to collect the kids. Unfortunately the distance two and from Bray, Clondalkin and Tayto Park in Ashbourne was just that little bit too far to do at motorway speeds, within one charge. Of course, there was no issue with fast charging - except that we were on a bit of a tight time schedule and the extra time to charge, plus the travel time to the nearest FCP would have added just a little too much time to the journey to have more of an impact than we would have otherwise liked.

And this is not to say that we could have done all the to-ing and fro-ing - we could have. It simply wasn't convenient. And this is an important and fair point to make. EVs are good for about 70 - 80% of the journeys I need to make. For about 15% of the time they are usable but less convenient than a petrol engine car. And then for about 5% they are unable to complete the journey, due to the lack of infrastructure. It was disappointing that I felt I couldn't complete all my journeys in Pepé. But perhaps I just have to plan ahead more for these kinds of events.

No comments:

Post a Comment